Pray for Your Neighbor
One of the greatest ways we can not only develop a greater love for our neighbors but also display that love is to simply pray for them.
- As you develop a closer relationship with them, ask for them to share with you ways in which you can pray for them
- Add your neighbor(s) to your prayer list and make it a point to pray for them each week.
- Pray for God to work in the heart of your neighbor to understand the truth of the Gospel (2 Corinthians 4:6)
Pray with Another Believer
- Pray that God will open more opportunities to develop a closer relationship with your neighbor
- Pray that God will develop in you a greater Christ-like love for your neighbor(s)
- Pray that God will help you look for ways to serve your neighbor and display Jesus’ love to them in practical ways
- Begin to pray that God will deepen your understanding of the Gospel message
- Daily pray for God to work in the heart of your neighbor and to give you Gospel opportunity, compassion, and boldness
Here are a few helpful passages and verses to consider praying through.
- Acts 16:14
- 2 Corinthians 4:2-6
- 2 Corinthians 5:11-21
- Ezekiel 36:25-27
- John 1:13