Have you ever had good intentions of reading the Bible on a consistent basis? How long did you make it? Did you find yourself a bit overwhelmed or discouraged? Did you feel like you were grasping truth, or just checking boxes?
What if you did something different this year?
What if you could get the big picture of the Bible by reading a few of chapters a day? Or, what if you slowed down and just read one chapter a day in the New Testament. And, what if you read your Bible as a part of a community of believers who encouraged each other? Would something along these lines help you?When you try to read your Bible, do you feel like you are grasping truth, or just checking boxes? Click To Tweet
READING GOD’S STORY
This plan takes you on a chronological journey through the Bible that will synthesize many of the different books of the Bible in their historical context.
You’ll read 6 days a week, with a day available for reflection (or catching up if you get behind). Beyond reading, you’ll find other tools for this plan available to help cement Truth in your heart and mind, warming your affections to Jesus.
NEW TESTAMENT PLUS (NT+)
This approach will give you the opportunity to read slowly through the New Testament. The plan does not go in order, but rather groups the NT books together by author.
The readings will consist of one chapter a day for 6 days. You’ll have one day available for reflection (or catching up if you get behind). One reading each week will be a chapter from the Old Testament that was referenced in a New Testament passage read earlier in the week.
While reading the Bible is vital to your spiritual growth, it’s important you don’t do so in isolation! As members one of another, we are called to encourage each other toward faithfulness (Heb 10:23-25). The reason many people give up when trying to read through the Bible is that they go at it alone. Taking this journey with each other helps us stay on track. We receive help from others when we’re stuck. Others help us to see things we often miss when we’re alone. We can also provide much-needed mutual encouragement, accountability, and prayer.The reason many people give up when trying to read through the Bible is that they go at it alone. Click To Tweet
If you’re on board with this years’ Bible reading challenge, here’s how to make it happen.
- Sign up. Stop by the Hospitality Center and sign up to be a part of the challenge and team up with others in the church.
- Use Technology. While there are printed versions available to follow, it might be most helpful to utilize technology.
- If you don’t already have the app, go to Bible.com and follow the instructions to create your free account
- Download the Bible App to your smartphone or tablet.
- Once you’ve created your account, click one of the following links for whichever reading plan you’ll follow to join the Lebanon Baptist Church reading group.
- Get Social. If you’re not already a part, join the Treasuring Scripture Together Facebook group. This will allow us to easily communicate and share with each other. Please, share your insights, ask questions, and provide encouragement to others. It’s just another way to assist each other as we read the Bible together. Also, use the hashtag, #treasuringscripture when posting your thoughts ideas, or encouragements to any social media platform.
Our Reading Scripture Together challenge begins December 31, 2018. We look forward to taking this journey together in 2019! Will you take the challenge?
If you have any questions, please contact the church office for help.