Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly – Colossians 3:16
As a church, we want the Word of God to be etched into our hearts and minds in deeper ways. More than just a mental exercise, memorization carries the potential of shaping our thinking and warming our affections.
Each month this year we will have a select passage of Scripture to memorize together. There will be reminders each week through the bulletin, the weekly email update, and social media. We also will plan to corporately review and recite the verse during our Sunday evening services and Growth Groups.
For 2017, each of our passages are themed on a greater understanding of the truths and implications of the Gospel.
- Truth: God is the sovereign creator and loving ruler of all things.
- Scripture: Revelation 4:11
- Truth: God is holy and righteous.
- Scripture: Deuteronomy 32:3-4
- Truth: Man is sinful.
- Scripture: Romans 3:10-12
- Truth: God is just and right to punish sin.
- Scripture: Romans 1:18
- Truth: No amount of good works can make us right before God.
- Scripture: Galatians 3:10-11
- Truth: God is gracious and merciful to underserving sinners.
- Scripture: Ephesians 2:4-5
- Truth: God placed the punishment of sinners on Jesus.
- Scripture: 1 Peter 3:18a; 2 Corinthians 5:21
- Truth: The death of Jesus brings us forgiveness and freedom from guilt.
- Scripture: 1 Peter 2:24
- Truth: The resurrection of Jesus brings us new and eternal life.
- Scripture: 1 Peter 1:3
- Truth: God offers the gift of forgiveness and new life to all who repent and believe.
- Scripture: Romans 10:9-10
- Truth: Those who have come to Jesus for salvation will live their lives for Him.
- Scripture: 2 Corinthians 5:14-15
- Truth: As followers of Jesus, we are to proclaim the Gospel to all men.
- Scripture: 2 Corinthians 5:20