Nothing can or should replace a consistent daily time in the Word of God. The Scriptures alone are sufficient for teaching, reproof, correction, and training in righteousness (2 Timothy 3:16). However, we would like to introduce helpful resources to reinforce the philosophy, vision, and purposes of our God-given mission as a church. While we may not be in agreement with all of the doctrinal positions or associations of the authors, we are confident they will be profitable for you as you strive to grow in grace and in the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ (2 Peter 3:18).
Build a Personal Library
The following books are suggestions to guide you in building a personal library. There are always more good books than we can even begin to recommend, but we believe this will be a great start. Each of these titles will soon be available in the Resource Center where you can either check out a copy or purchase one for yourself or a friend.
Religion & Worldview
– Trusting God: Even When Life Hurts, Jerry Bridges
– Praying the Bible, Donald Whitney
– Shepherding a Child’s Heart, Ted Tripp
– Parenting is More Than A Formula, Jim Newheiser
– Give Them Grace, Elyse Fitzpatrick
– Instructing a Child’s Heart, Tedd Tripp
–Age of Opportunity, Paul Tripp
– The Jesus Storybook Bible, Sally Lloyd-Jones
– The Ology – Marty Machowski
– The Biggest Story: How the Snake Crusher Brings Us Back to the Garden, Kevin DeYoung
– The Treasure Principle, Alcorn