Throughout the Old Testament, God reveals to us His heart for widows. While condemning those who would take advantage of them, He calls His people to be those that treat widows with great love and care. So it’s no wonder that the New Testament reveals that one of the key focuses of a local church is to show honor and special care for widows (1 Timothy 5:3, 16; James 1:27).
UNDER HIS WINGS WIDOWS MINISTRY
As a ministry of Lebanon Baptist Church, Under His Wings exist to glorify God by proclaiming Jesus Christ as Lord and preparing widows to worship Him now and forever. Our vision is to “cause the widow’s heart to sing for joy” (Job 23:13) by ministering to those who have experienced life’s greatest loss to aid in the transformation from vulnerability to vitality and might!
Tea & Talk – 10:30am (8/17)
Bible Study – 2:00pm (9/12)
There are a variety opportunities for both widows and the church family to serve one another
- Tea & Talk (This is a time for all ladies who have lost loved ones to come together to fellowship and talk. The settings include luncheons, teas, outings, talk and devotions, etc.)
- Bible Study (A bible study geared to the challenges that widows face. Studies done in a group setting. One-on-one counseling is offered for those who need a specific area of counsel.)
- Widow’s Mite (Widows ministering to others through various outlets)
- S.O.S. (Free short-term assistance from men and women of the church–for large projects reputible service agencies will be listed on the website)
- Grief Share – (A biblically based grief recover support group where you can find help and healing for the hurt of losing any loved one for those within and outside of the home church community.)
Want to be a part of intentionally ministering to our widows? Visit our GET [IN]VOLVED page.
Pictures from our first Tea & Talk on July 9, 2017