Updated 3/19/2020, 4:00 pm
We have canceled all gatherings at LBC through March 31 and are prepared to possibly extend that for 8 weeks.
This includes Lifestage Classes, AM & PM Gatherings, Wednesday Night Activities, Small Groups, and all other events.
We are refining the Care Process for our church family.
Care needs will be primarily facilitated through our Growth Group structure. If you are not in a Growth Group, you have been assigned to a newly-formed “Deacon Care Group” under the leadership of an active deacon, former deacon, or another leader within our church. More information will be coming to you directly from your group leader. If you do not hear from them by this Sunday, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We trust that each of these groups will continually check in on and look out for one another both physically and spiritually.
We’d like to form a Specialized Response Team of willing, healthy individuals willing and able to meet needs in the event that a Growth Group or Deacon Care Group is unable to meet a particular need. This team would include individuals who could run errands and/or have supplies they are willing to share. If you would like to be a part of this group, please email email@example.com.
The pastors and deacons have also recommended we allocate some additional funding from our accounts to be directed toward meeting the additional benevolence needs that may arise as we navigate this crisis. We will inform our congregation of those details at our next partnership meeting.
We are working to provide biblical instruction and resources through digital platforms.
- We will provide teaching each Sunday. Here’s the link to our YouTube channel to watch the broadcast. You can also subscribe to our channel to get notifications whenever we post new content.
- We will also post a mid-week teaching video beginning next week.
- We will be posting devotionals to our blog each week designed to encourage you during this time. You can subscribe to our church’s blog posts here.
- We will provide our church family with a subscription to Right Now Media, free of charge! Look for a special email soon with information on how to access it.
- We have provided our church family a 60-day trial to the Dwell Bible Reading App. Click here to learn more
- If you need counsel or instruction during this time, please call or email any of the pastors.
We are streamlining our general communication methods.
This webpage will be our main information hub, please refer to it often. At the top of this page you will find ideas for gospel outreach, service opportunities, and other helpful resources. Please take some time to explore these sections. We will continue to send out our weekly update on Friday with helpful information. If you have not subscribed, you can do so here.
Church, we want you to know that we deeply love you and care for you. Please be in contact with your group leader about any needs you may have or may know about. Let us all act wisely, place our hope in God, and “as we have opportunity, let us do good to everyone, and especially to those who are of the household of faith” (Galatians 6:10).
The Pastoral Team of LBC
Updated 3/15/2020, 12:00 pm
Church Family & Friends,
Around 5:30 this evening, Governor Kemp announced Georgia’s first-ever public health emergency. He requested that faith-based organizations consider cancellation of services. It is for this reason that we have chosen to follow the recommendation and cancel our morning worship gathering and growth groups, along with all the other church activities for the upcoming week.
In lieu of the public gathering, we have provided Audio and Video links to today’s message. Click Here
- PRAY – Pray faithfully for all of our governmental officials and health care workers as they navigate this difficult time.
- MEDITATE – Let me suggest that you use some of this extra time to continue to deepen your meditation on the greatness and goodness of God. We will be hopefully sending out in the days ahead some special devotional readings to assist you in this.
- INVEST – It is in these difficult trials that God can really use you to love your neighbor. Look for ways to invest in those in your sphere of influence (i.e. make a grocery run, share some toilet paper, give a phone call or text, etc).
If you have any physical or spiritual needs during this time, please contact our church office. We will continue to update you on any changes through email as well as the website.
Please know of our love for all of you!
LBC Pastoral Team