The church is Jesus’ idea. He has established it, and authorized it as His embassy on earth to protect and promote His reputation and purposes in this world (Matthew 16:13-19). Therefore, what we do as a church cannot be driven by personal preferences, cultural expectations, or pragmatic creativity. We must be anchored to the truth of Scripture in order to know what, how, and why we are to operate as a church.
Derived from Matthew 28:18-20, our purpose statement drives everything and anything we seek do as a church body.
TO MAKE DISCIPLES OF JESUS FOR THE GLORY OF GOD
We are convinced that the purposes of God in salvation are not to simply redeem many unrelated individuals, but to gather a people of His very own reconciled to Himself and with one another (Ephesians 2:11- 3:21). In other words, God’s great plan of reconciliation is actually displayed and realized in the local church – it is His mission strategy!
As a church, we will focus our efforts in a few strategic locations where the advancement of the Gospel will open doors for further ministry in the world. By God’s grace, we envision being a congregation that establishes and supports ministries that will continue this strategic process.
TO RAISE UP AND SEND OUT DISCIPLES TO ESTABLISH CHURCHES IN ATLANTA, THE SALT LAKE VALLEY, INDONESIA, AND THE WORLD
The following values are rooted in the Biblical mandates for a New Testament church. These are the Biblical priorities our church embraces in order to fulfill our God-given mission.
- Biblical Truth – We honor the Bible as the revelation of God to man and our only authority for belief and behavior
- Constant Prayer – We engage in continual communion with God and declare our dependence on Him with thanksgiving
- Intentional Evangelism – We proclaim the Gospel to others calling them to respond in repentance and faith
- Committed Discipleship – We help each other follow Jesus through the prayerful ministry of the Word in loving relationships
- Corporate Worship – We gather together to joyfully express our love and loyalty to Jesus as King
- Spiritual Unity – We pursue a breadth and depth of committed relationships that display the unifying power of the Gospel
- Faithful Stewardship – We generously invest our God-given resources to further His eternal purposes
Explore the infographic below to learn how these Biblical values shape our life together as a church family.