Have you ever been reading your Bible, and walked away not really understanding what was said or even why it was said? Do you ever wonder,
- “Why did God give certain details in the way He did?”
- “What is the purpose of certain stories in the Bible?”
- “Why didn’t God just tell us what He knew we would really want to know?”
Join in with your church family on Wednesday nights this semester to learn how to understand, not only what the Bible says, but why the Holy Spirit had the authors write what they did. Using the Gospel of Mark, we’ll be learning to make accurate observations, ask right questions, and make proper application to our everyday life.
Why not set aside your Wednesday nights and learn to Study Scripture Together?
- Arrive at 6:45 on Wednesdays ready to read the Word and talk about it with each other.
- Do not bring commentaries
- If possible, do not bring a Bible with study notes
- You can bring a Bible with cross-references
- You can utilize a Bible dictionary for unfamiliar words or terms
- You are welcome to bring a variety of translations
- Read through the Gospel of Mark sometime this month. It would be great if you did it in one sitting. It would take less time than it would to watch one show on Netflix (about 45 min … and much more profitable).
- Starting in February, plan to read about one chapter of Mark per week
- Take note of themes, repeated words and ideas, and questions you have
- Be ready to talk, ask questions, or give input … we’re doing this together
Study guides will be available this Wednesday night. Also, if you would like, we recommend the book, Dig Deeper, as a helpful resource for learning to read, understand, and apply the Bible. We’ll be referencing some of the simple Bible study tools mentioned in this book.
We hope to see you on Wednesday nights this semester!
Winter | Spring 2018 Schedule
- January 10 – Introduction to Studying Scripture Together
- 17 – Using Tools, 1
- 24 – Using Tools, 2
- 31 – Overview of the Gospel Mark
- February 07 – Study 1 (Mark 1:1-15)
- 14 – Study 2 (Mark 1:16-39)
- 21 – Study 3 (Mark 1:40-2:17)
- 28 – Missions Conference
- March 07 – Study 4 (Mark 2:18-3:6)
- 14 – Study 5 (Mark 3:7-35)
- 21 – Study 6 (Mark 4:1-34)
- 28 – Study 7 (Mark 4:35-6:6)
- April 04 – Spring Break | No Wed Events
- 11 – Study 8 (Mark 6:7-56)
- 18 – Study 9 (Mark 7:1-23)
- 25 – Study 10 (Mark 7:24 – 8:10)
- May 02 – (Mark 1-8 Review)