Each year in February, the church family sets aside a few days to specifically refocus on our efforts as a church to reach the world with the Gospel. Missions Conference is a wonderful time to be encouraged by what God is doing through those we have partnered with in the Gospel. At the same time, it serves as an opportunity to reflect on our personal and cooperate commitments to evangelism and missions.
In light of this year’s conference, we are recommending the book God’s Love Compels Us. Based on 2 Corinthians 4-5, this book lays out a Biblical foundation for missions as well as challenges, motivates, and encourages individual Christians to embrace the privilege of taking the gospel to the world.
Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, God making his appeal through us. We implore you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God. (2 Corinthians 5:20)
You can purchase either a paperback copy or Kindle version of the book through the Westminster Bookstore.
God’s Love Compels Us: Taking the Gospel to the World is a collection of sermons preached at conference for global missions.
- The Biblical Basis of Missions (2 Corinthians 4:1-12)
- Why the Great Commission is Great (2 Corinthians 4:13-18)
- The Heart of God in the Call to Proclaim (2 Corinthians 5:1-10)
- Being Ambassadors for Christ (2 Corinthians 5:11-21)
- Are People without Christ Really Lost?
- The Individual’s Suffering and the Salvation of the World
- Jesus and Justice